Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Buttercream Frosting

Everyone thinks that this is my recipe and that I am fabulous for creating such greatness. But no. It is not mine. It is Betty's. Regardless, you should use it because this frosting is far superior to the stuff you buy in the store and it's super easy to make.

3 Cups powdered sugar
1/3 Cup stick butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 to 2 TBS milk

Mix sugar and butter. Add vanilla and milk, and food coloring if you like. Beat well.

Frosts a 9X13 or fills and frosts one 8 or 9 inch two layer cake.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOUR BLOG KEEPS EATING MY COMMENTS! This is my third attempt...I've never had buttercream frosting work out for me before. I might try this recipe though. Or I'll just continue buying cupcakes at Wal-Mart and sucking all the frosting off of those. Mm, they have good frosting.

mamashine said...

Oh, Karly, this frosting is THE BEST. Definitely try it!