Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gluten Free Flour Blends

I use a bunch of different blends when I cook and bake.  Every gluten free chef creates their own.  Some I like, some I adjust.  For the most part, mine come from Jennifer Cinquepalmi and the Culinary Institute of America.  I'm going to bookmark this post and add the ingredients to the different flour mixes I talk about so you can see how to make them if you need them.  I make a big batch of each one and keep them in gallon ziplocs in the freezer.

Sorghum Flour Mix:
7 cups sweet white sorghum flour
2 cups potato starch
1 cup tapioca starch

CIA Flour Blend #5:
9 oz White Rice Flour
6 oz Tapioca Starch
6 oz Soy Flour
3 oz Whey Powder (I started leaving this out and haven't noticed a difference in my pancakes, but it might be noticeable in other recipes)

No comments: