Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Welcome! III

Hello, I am Dana! I think I am the new girl here...I just started blogging in August of this year. But there was no way I was turning down the opportunity to contribute to this blog, given that the topic is FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD! I love to eat, love to cook, love to try new recipes and new restaurants, and I love talking about eating, cooking, and recipes!

I live in Texas with my husband (David) and 2 year old daughter (Gabby). I work full time, and my challenge is coming up with a wide variety of healthy meals for us that require little prep work in the evening. I want to raise my little girl to enjoy a broad spectrum of foods, and I am always searching for dishes where nutrition and convenience are not mutually exclusive.

I am always on the lookout for recipes that can be doubled, frozen, or made in advance. I have a bit of disdain for "kid-foods" and I try to avoid cooking with lots of packets and boxes. Although, I do admit to a major attachment to all the prepared foods in the refrigerators and freezers at Costco.

No dietary restrictions here...my main limitation is David's distaste for salmon. Other than that, everything else is fair game in our house! Most of my recipes are not 100% originals, but it is rare that I find a recipe that I love 'as-is'. I am a perpetual modifier.

I am certain that I will NOT be posting a slew of pictures, a la Pioneer Woman. Although, I might tack on a picture of the finished product where I can. My goal with cooking is efficiency, so I can't be taking 942 pictures while trying to get dinner on the table.

I guess that is all for now...I am glad to be a part of this!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hi Dana! I'm very interested in easy low-prep weekday meals.